In this article, you will find information on how to ensure your Envision Glasses run smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Battery Life
- Envision consumes most of the battery when in use due to the need to have the camera active and light detection when using all features.
- Envision Glasses can be used for 4 to 6 hours per day in normal use conditions. Normal use means using a few Envision Glasses features once every hour or a couple of hours, not consecutively. If the glasses are used non-stop, the battery will drain faster.
- As batteries do not work in a linear fashion, some devices drain battery power easily from 100% to 80% and from 80% to 40% a little slower. If that happens with your Envision Glasses it is definitely normal behaviour.
- Even if the glasses are turned off or in Sleep Mode, it is normal for the battery to discharge, this behavior is similar to all electronic devices that use lithium batteries. The discharge will be more noticeable compared to other devices, as Envision Glasses hardware has a small module which, compared to the battery of a phone or other larger devices, will have a considerably shorter life.
- Powering Envision Glasses after a long period of disuse
- If you haven't charged Envision Glasses for a couple of days/weeks, it may take longer to charge them. In this state, it's normal that Envision Glasses won't turn on when you press the Power Button. But don't worry. Grab a cup of coffee and return in a bit, and Envision Glasses should turn on normally.
- Take advantage of a fast charging adapter
- Envision Glasses support fast charging, therefore you can use the supplied cable in the box with an adapter that supports fast charging. Fast charging allows you to charge the device to 50% in less than 30 minutes.
- When having charging problems, we recommend to please check the power outlets, the USB-C charging cable and the power adapter. Disclaimer: Plugging Envision Glasses with the charging cable into a computer will not charge the device, nor will they be recognized on a desktop or computer.
- Be prepared when leaving home
- Ultra-capacity power banks are a great help if you are planning to spend a lot of time away from home. A tip would be to look for one with at least 20,000mAH as this will allow you to charge your Envision Glasses and even your phone more than once when using it as a personal hotspot.
- Battery Life
Your Envision Glasses are shipped with a protective case. We recommend that you always store your glasses in this hard case to ensure that they are accident-free.
External force, such as a blow or a fall, can damage the housing and the unit may no longer be water resistant as a result. It is recommended not to expose the glasses to rain, especially heavy rain or water, for a long period of time.
Envision Glasses are water resistant, but not waterproof. The device has a waterproof rating of IPX3 according to IEC 60529. Water resistance may be compromised due to normal wear and tear or damage to the device. While this means that the glasses can be cleaned with wet wipes, avoid submerging them in any way. Instead, use a disinfectant wipe or a damp non-abrasive cloth with mild soap, isopropyl alcohol wipes or any other cleaning wipe safe for human skin to gently sterilize the surfaces of the device. Then towel or air dry. Ideally, do not completely submerge Envision Glasses.
Note: If debris becomes lodged in the USB-C port, use a soft cloth and cotton swab to gently clean it out. By wiping your Envision Glasses you can help protect it from stains and wear. You can also disinfect your device using household disinfectant wipes. Avoid getting moisture or soap in openings, like the USB-C port. Don’t use bleach or bleach-based disinfectant wipes.
Steps To Follow For Cleaning
- Turn off and unplug your device.
- Remove dust and dirt from the exterior using a clean, soft cloth.
- Apply a 0.5% detergent-water solution. For instance, using natural detergent or mild dishwashing soap or a 70-80% IPA Isopropyl Alcohol solution to a clean, soft cloth and wipe down all surfaces. If using a detergent-water solution, distilled water is recommended.
Note: Don’t use disinfectant wipes that include bleach.
- Dry all surfaces using a clean, soft cloth.
Extend The Life Of Your Envision Glasses
- Avoid dropping your device.
- Avoid getting moisture or soap into openings.
- Avoid harsh cleaners and rough scrubbing. When disinfecting the screen, avoid excessive wiping.
- Avoid spraying cleaners or compressed air at your device.
- Avoid contact with direct flames or highly heated surfaces.